March 2, 2022
We are looking for experienced Event Servers to join our Off-Site Event Team.
Our team is full of passionate and dedicated individuals who truly care for events and hospitality.
Please apply if you are passionate and self-motivated individual with serving experience. Event Servers will be responsible for setting up food and beverage service for offsite catering events, while providing excellent customer service to our clientele. We have part-time positions available starting April 1st, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Under the direction of the Event Manager, set-up and tear-down events according to client specifications in a timely manner which includes, but not limited to, moving tables, chairs, buffet tables, bar service, etc.
– Assist with loading and unloading of food & beverage items, equipment and supplies in the catering vehicle(s)
– Provide professional and excellent customer service through liaising with clients to ensure order specifications are verified and implemented
– Ensure professional assembly and presentation of all food & beverage items at all time during events
– Ability to work flexible hours daytime, evenings, holidays, and on call
– Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
– Minimum 2 years of food and beverage serving experience at catering companies, hotels and restaurants
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
– Ability to stand for 100% of shift
– Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and late nights
– Ability to carry 3 plates at one time.
– Serving- It- Right certification
– Self-motivated with demonstrated superior skills in customer service and organization
– Strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skills
– Detail oriented, ability to perform tasks in a timely manner and follow instructions
– Valid BC driver’s license an asset, but not required
– Daytime, evenings, holidays, and on call
– 10 – 20 hour/week; average shift time is 6 – 10 hr
– Must be available 2 days a week (1 weekday +1 weekend day or 2 weekend days)
What We Offer
– Hourly wage: $16 per hour based on experience + cash gratuity
*gratuities range on average $10-20 per hour
– 30% discount at Railtown Café (Railway St. location)
– Fun, supportive, and positive working environment
– Complimentary staff meal with every shift
– Excellent working conditions with a strong team dynamic
– Career development opportunity within the company
– Vacation pay; paid at a rate of 4% of earnings and will be added to each pay cheque
How To Apply
– Please submit your cover letter + resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org